My name is typical Dutch: Joop. Pronounced [‘yope’]/치훈/尤谱/यॊप. Nice to meet you!
I’m a Customer Solutions Manager at Amazon Web Services.
My career took me to work and live in The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, South Korea and China (Twice). I met my wife Suna whilst we were studying in Sweden in 2007. We have two kids and currently live in The Netherlands.
With personal 10+ years experience with IT Project Management, co creating and executing digital strategy, I Help business leaders transform organizations and get issues on the table and make progress.
- – Build my first startup on AWS technology and have kept on building with AWS ever since.
- With innovation comes change. People, Business, all the aspects counts. It’s about creating a common vision and share. Working with Scrum and being transparent is close to my heart. I don’t pretend to have all the answers.
- Professional in creating and leading multicultural teams to successful products from start to end, inclusivity and diversion bring great results.
- Experience facilitating product vision from customer and technical side. I’d like to bridge product thinking and the technical tinkering that comes with it.
- Strong technical product owner and solutions architect. I use terms like “anti-pattern” a lot.
Dr. Panda: Before working at Amazon Web Services (AWS), Joop build games for Dr. Panda in Chengdu. With the original founders of Dr. Panda relocating out of the city, and my modest gaming background in China, I had the honor of being asked if I was up for the challenge to lead the studio (53 FTE). I enjoyed working on the great kids games of Dr. Panda from The China office, I also introduced Scrum; I believe one of the first companies to work with this method in the region. The studio was bought in mid 2018 by 好未来 (NYSE: TAL). See our crazy nice office here: https://www.joop.in/working-at-dr-panda/
At Sanoma I had my first role as IT manager at Kieskeurig. I introduced Scrum and Business Value thinking. Later I also had the chance to work on Disney games: Sat right next to the Disney cartoonists who make Donald Duck and his friends into a weekly magazine here in The Netherlands. It’s a creative process under tight pressure but a very lively and warm place to work. We thought it would be great to bring Donald Duck from 2D to a 3D game, which was a technical and creative challenge I loved to take! Read more: https://www.joop.in/working-at-donaldduck/
My career started at Spilgames Shanghai. It wasn’t soon until I realized Shanghai is a crossroad of tech and fashion. I felt like I was in the right place and time to found a startup which created a ‘user generated fashion’ platform called Unitedstyles in Shanghai, China. The unitedstyles web application enables designing, sharing and buying of actual garments (outerware, ties, bags etc.) I’ve launched the application in The Netherlands, Russia, Japan and China. I was responsible for the IT strategy, technical team and day to day operations. It ran on AWS. Story about the end of this startup here.
Thanks for reading!
1. Subscription model back-end and scale up.
2. Research into privacy matters, including GDPR.
1. My Doumi AR – a petting game for older kids.
2. My Doumi wechat – A HTML5 game for the popular Chinese chat app with friend invites.
3. Led the design for new subscription and account system.
4. Scaling of our iAP and CMS back-end.
5. Evaluation of our 53 FTE team.
1. Dr. Panda AR Christmas tree, small AR (Augmented Reality) project (2 months) to try out this new technology.
2. Drpanda.com website redesign (React).
3. iAP system for Dr.Panda (JAVA, Unity, Varnish) A eight-month project of strategic importance, Dr. Panda is historically an premium (paid apps) game developer. With this system we could introduce the freemium (free download, paid items) strategy. As PM I led this project to completion from design to working implementation, and maintaining (monitoring) and scaling afterwards. Currently, it handles all our iAP requests.
1. Dr. Panda Café (Unity, iOS/Android/Kindle)
2. Drupal website to unify and streamline the many magazine websites at Sanoma, from kekmama to libelle to fashionista and tina.nl.
3. Duckworld (Unity, Desktop)
4. New donaldduck.nl website.
2015: Ducktypen website redesign. Start development of a new Disney IP game.
2014: Kieskeurig.nl, a product comparison site. First scaling as a strategy, second project was redesign. Also joined the strategic board.
2013: Architect for startpagina.nl, a web portal with 5M sessions per month, learned about monetization and analytics.
* Technology architect of leef.nl, a Dutch pharmacy website which taught me a lot about growth and scaling.
2011: First version of united styles live. A Flash based site for kids clothing.
2009: spilgames, technical due diligence for Chinese games. Also architect for Chinese & Japanese portals.
2010: cofounded unitedstyles, start of sourcing.
2008: ING customer journey flow for first online direct sales port for ING life at ING Life, Korea.
Project Management ⁃ Resource Management ⁃ HR ⁃ Project Planning ⁃ General Management ⁃ E-commerce ⁃ Varnish, Nginx, MySQL, SVG, HTML5 ⁃ QA ⁃ Web Development ⁃ Game development ⁃ AWS ⁃ Aliyun (alibaba cloud servers) ⁃ QA (quality assurance)
Joop ‘욥’ (네덜란드 사람)과 조수나는 (한국 사람) 결혼한. 후 중국 성도에서 살게 되었다.
모바일 비디오-게임 스튜디오의 게임 생산, QA,재무, 인사관련의 책임을 맡고 있는 총관리자 입니다. 팀의 효과적인 관리와 생산 경로의 책임을 지고 있습니다.
욥은 Sanoma에서 일한다(‘사노마’, 핀란드 매체). 욥의 한국 이름은 지훈 이다.대학교를 졸업하자마자 바로 스웨덴에서 경영관리학 석사학위를 받았다.
대학원에서 아내를 만난 후, 한국의 서울 KDI (청량리에 위치) 에서 교환학생 프로그램을 하였고, 그 후 한국 ING생명에서 인턴으로 일했다. 대 학원을 졸업한 후, 중국의 온라인 게임 기업인 ‘스필게임’ (臻龙游戏)에 고용되었다. 2010 년 그는 패션기업의(Unitedstyles.com) 기술 담당 최고 책임자가(CTO) 되었고 베이징에서 개최된 techcrunch 대회에서 본선에 올랐다. 지금 현재 Sanoma 회사에서 디즈니 소속 IT 매니저로 일하고 있다.
이메일: firstname.lastname@example.org 또는 트위터: Twitter.com/joop 로 연락 가능하다.